Dental veneers may be an option to achieve the look you want. They’re a popular choice for people who have chipped teeth, a gap between their teeth, or teeth that are misshapen. They are wafer-thin, custom-made shells made of tooth-coloured materials that are used to protect the front surfaces of teeth and improve their appearance. These shells are connected to the front of the teeth and change the teeth’ colour, shape, size, and length.
What kinds of dental problems can dental veneers help you with?
Teeth that have become discoloured as a result of:
- Root canal therapy
- Drug-related stains
- Excess fluoride
- A lot of resin fillings
- Chipped or broken teeth are a major source of embarrassment.
- Teeth that are crooked, uneven, or have an irregular shape
- Teeth that are spaced apart (to close the space between these teeth)
What are the benefits of dental veneers?
- Veneers enhance the appearance of your teeth – Veneers are coloured teeth, and they reflect light likewise to natural teeth. They also don’t stain easily, making them an excellent choice for those seeking a more attractive teeth appearance. Porcelain veneers near you are a simple way to boost the impression of your teeth if you have major cosmetic issues.
- Veneers are a simple cosmetic solution – for people who are unhappy with the formation of their teeth, veneers can be life-changing. Braces or other orthodontic treatments are commonly used to close gaps between teeth, but some people prefer veneers to braces because they are less painful and inconvenient. Veneers do not move teeth; instead, they conceal cosmetic flaws.
- Veneers are permanent and long-lasting – did you know that porcelain veneers are permanent and have a higher resistance to decay and staining than natural teeth? A dental veneer can last between 10 and 15 years if managed properly.
- Enamel loss can be treated with veneers – Despite the strength of the enamel on your teeth, acidic foods, overly vigorous tooth brushing, or acid reflux disease (where stomach acids may end up in the mouth) can wear it down. Enamel that has worn away is never replaced. Enamel can be replaced with veneers as a durable, attractive option.
- Veneers are a wise dental investment – from orthodontic camouflage to teeth whitening and enamel replacement, porcelain veneers are used to achieve various important goals. All of these advantages are available to patients who choose this dental treatment, in addition to cosmetic enhancements. Patients believe that the investment in veneers is worthwhile, despite being more expensive than some of the other cosmetic dental treatments available today. Most patients report increased self-confidence due to treatment, which is invaluable. Veneers are a long-lasting and attractive way to give our patients a smile they are proud to show off.
Procedure for Dental Veneers
A dental veneer typically requires three visits to the dentist: one for a consultation and two for the fabrication and application of the veneers. A single tooth or a group of teeth can be veneered simultaneously.
Dental Veneers Aftercare
Veneers for the teeth don’t require any special care. Maintaining good oral hygiene habits includes using mouthwash with an antiseptic, flossing, and brushing your teeth. Despite the fact that porcelain veneers are stain-resistant, your dentist may advise you to stay away from foods and drinks that can cause stains (like coffee, tea, or red wine).
If you are looking for a reliable and affordable dentist in Calgary, visit McCall Dental. Our priority is giving you the best dental treatment and experience possible. Call us at 587-747-0888 to book your appointment!