Dental veneers may be an option to achieve the look you want. They’re a popular choice for people who have chipped teeth, a gap between their teeth, or teeth that are misshapen. Dental veneers are wafer-thin, custom-made shells of tooth-coloured materials that are used to cover the front surfaces of teeth to improve their appearance. These shells are bonded to the front of the teeth and change the teeth’ colour, shape, size, and length.
What kinds of dental problems can dental veneers help you with?
Teeth that have become discoloured as a result of:
- Root canal therapy
- Drug-related stains
- Excess fluoride
- A lot of resin fillings
- Chipped or broken teeth are a major source of embarrassment.
- Teeth that are crooked, uneven, or have an irregular shape
- Teeth that are spaced apart (to close the space between these teeth)
What are the benefits of dental veneers?
- Veneers improve the appearance of your teeth – Veneers are tooth-coloured, and they reflect light similarly to natural teeth. They also don’t stain easily, making them an excellent choice for those seeking a more attractive teeth appearance. Porcelain veneers near you are a simple way to improve the appearance of your teeth if you have major cosmetic issues.
- Veneers are a simple cosmetic solution – for people who are unhappy with the appearance of their teeth, veneers can be life-changing. Braces or other orthodontic treatments are commonly used to close gaps between teeth, but some people prefer veneers to braces because they are less painful and inconvenient. Veneers do not move teeth; instead, they conceal cosmetic flaws.
- Veneers are permanent and long-lasting – did you know that porcelain veneers are permanent and have a higher resistance to decay and staining than natural teeth? A dental veneer can last between 10 and 15 years if cared for properly.
- Enamel loss can be treated with veneers – even though the enamel on your teeth is very strong, it can be worn away by acidic foods, overly aggressive tooth brushing, or acid reflux disease (where stomach acids may end up in the mouth). When tooth enamel is worn away, it is never replaced. Veneers are a long-lasting, aesthetically pleasing alternative to the enamel.
- Veneers are a wise dental investment- from orthodontic camouflage to teeth whitening and enamel replacement, porcelain veneers are used to achieve various important goals. All of these advantages are available to patients who choose this dental treatment, in addition to cosmetic enhancements. Patients believe that the investment in veneers is worthwhile, despite being more expensive than some of the other cosmetic dental treatments available today. Most patients report increased self-confidence due to treatment, which is invaluable. Veneers are a long-lasting and attractive way to give our patients a smile they are proud to show off.
Procedure for Dental Veneers
A dental veneer typically requires three visits to the dentist: one for a consultation and two for the fabrication and application of the veneers. A single tooth or a group of teeth can be veneered simultaneously.
Aftercare for Dental Veneers
Dental veneers don’t necessitate any special attention. Brushing, flossing, and rinsing with an antiseptic mouthwash are all good oral hygiene practices to maintain. Although porcelain veneers are stain-resistant, your dentist may advise you to avoid stain-causing foods and beverages (for example, coffee, tea, or red wine).
If you are looking for a reliable and affordable Dentist in Calgary, visit McCall Dental. Our priority is to give you the best dental treatment and experience. Call us at 587-747-0888 to book your appointment!