Have you ever had to hide your smile due to discoloration, chipping, or crooked teeth? Veneers can hide various dental flaws and can give you the confidence boost you need to show off your smile. Veneers are thin, custom-fit shells that your dentist bonds to the fronts of your teeth permanently to enhance the appearance of your smile. Veneers can cover teeth that are stained, chipped, crooked or gapped. A veneer requires more natural tooth preservation than a dental crown which is popular to strengthen broken-down teeth
Dental veneers can significantly improve the appearance of your teeth by:
Dental veneers help you achieve whiter and straighter teeth, remove your teeth’ stains, chips, and cracks, and boost your confidence.
Cosmetic dental treatments such as porcelain veneers are thin pieces of porcelain that are shaped to fit over the front of the teeth. It’s difficult to tell them apart from your other teeth because the material fits the shape and colour of your permanent teeth.
What are the advantages of Porcelain Veneers?
- It appears natural – Our dentists take impressions of your teeth to create porcelain veneers. This means that the porcelain shell will be contoured and coloured to match your natural tooth enamel. Porcelain veneers look not only natural but also feel natural. The ceramic covering acts as a protective shell over stained or cracked teeth, allowing you to eat and speak normally.
- Stain-resistant and long-lasting – Porcelain veneers are more resistant to staining and decay than natural teeth. They are long-lasting and stain-resistant but still require the same level of care as natural teeth.
- Simple to maintain – Taking care of your dental veneers is just the same as taking care of your natural teeth. Veneers are more resistant to permanent stains and cavities than natural tooth enamel because they are non-porous.
A composite veneer is a thin shell used to conceal flaws in your tooth’s shape, size, or colour. Composite resin is commonly used for fillings and dental bonding, among other dental procedures. This tooth-coloured resin restores your smile with natural results.
Advantages of composite veneers:
- Save time – Composite resin veneers are known as “same-day veneers” because they are easy to make and apply. This is due to the fact that they can be fitted in a single visit, and the procedure is less complicated and less damaging to the tooth structure.
- Cheaper – Porcelain veneers are twice the price of composite veneers, which is a big deal for some people because most treatments aren’t covered by insurance, so you’ll have to pay out of pocket.
- Reversibility – Porcelain veneers necessitate reshaping your natural teeth to fit the veneer. Only minor prep work on your natural teeth is required when it comes to composites, meaning they are not permanently altered to the point where the composite material cannot be abolished and replaced as needed.
Porcelain veneers are made of a thin layer of porcelain (ceramic). They can even be used with the newer Lumineer veneers, which are made of Cerinate porcelain and are available in various colours. On the other hand, composite veneers are made of plastic and involve the direct application of a bonding and enamel mixture to the teeth. If you are looking for reliable veneers and affordable Dentist in NE Calgary, visit McCall Dental. Our priority is to give you the best dental treatment and quality experience. Call us now at (587) 747-0888 to book your appointment. We would be happy to accommodate you!