Dental Bridges Near You
A dental bridge is a prosthetic that’s designed to help restore your smile, specifically smiles that are missing one or multiple teeth.
Each bridge is composed of a few distinct parts: the pontic, or artificial tooth that fills in the empty socket, and two abutments or connecting pieces. These abutments fastened onto the teeth that stand on either side of the space and help keep the bridge in place.
Metals, like gold or silver, can be used to create your dental bridge, but most people prefer porcelain instead. Not only is porcelain durable and resistant to stains, but it easily blends in with the natural color of your smile.
For more information about this restorative treatment, don’t hesitate to reach out to a dentist in NE Calgary.
The Types of Dental Bridges
Four types of dental bridges are available to you, and they are:
- A traditional dental bridge – This device consists of a pontic held in place by dental crowns. This type of bridge is especially great if you still have healthy natural teeth.
- Cantilever bridge – In this case, the pontic is only stabilized using one dental crown, placed on a neighboring tooth. If you’re missing a tooth at the back of your mouth, this is a good choice to consider.
- Maryland bridge – Like a traditional bridge, this device doesn’t incorporate dental crowns. A metal or porcelain framework is installed behind your neighboring teeth.
- Implant-supported bridge – For every tooth that you’re missing, a dental implant is installed into your jawbone. This provides immense support for your smile.
It takes at least two appointments to receive a dental bridge. During the first appointment, your dentist will evaluate your mouth and take x-rays. Then they’ll have impressions made; these are sent to the dental lab where your prosthetic is created. It takes between two to three weeks for your bridge to be made. Once it’s ready, you’ll return to have it placed.
With that said, before receiving any dental prosthetic, be sure to book a consultation with a dentist near you. They’ll help identify which type of bridge is best suited to your unique case. They’ll also walk you through the process from start to finish so you know what to expect.
Why Consider a Dental Bridge?
Multiple benefits come with receiving a dental bridge, in addition to replacing missing teeth:
- They help restore the overall appearance of your smile.
- Help you eat properly and, by extension, repairs your bite.
- Improves your ability to talk.
- Stop your other teeth from shifting out of place.
- Help maintain the shape of your face.
- It’ll boost your self-esteem!
Are you looking to receive dental bridges in NE Calgary? At McCall Dental, we’re here to assist you with all your oral health endeavors. Call or pop over to our website now to get started. Our friendly staff looks forward to working with you soon!