A dental implant is a simple yet highly effective way to replace a missing tooth for most patients.
Dental implant systems consist of a dental implant body and abutment and may include an abutment fixation screw. The dental implant body is surgically inserted in the jawbone in place of the tooth's root. The dental implant abutment is usually attached to the implant body by the abutment fixation screw and extends through gums into the mouth to support the attached artificial teeth.
In addition to how a dental implant can improve a person's physical appearance and restore their confidence, it can also prevent further dental issues.
Benefits of Dental Implants:
• Restores the ability to chew
• Restores cosmetic appearance
• Helps keep the jawbone from shrinking due to bone loss
• Preserves the health of the surrounding bone and gums
• Helps keep adjacent (nearby) teeth stable
• Improves quality of life
If you live in Calgary and want to learn more about this procedure or how you might benefit, please call us to schedule an appointment.